shepherd’s pie baked potato!
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 pound 95 percent lean ground beef or chicken, or 1 pound lean red meat, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Salt and pepper
- 6 large Russet potatoes, baked
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the carrots and onion and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are softened, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the beef or cubed meat and cook, breaking up ground beef chunks with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour, garlic and tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the broth, worchestershire and thyme.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened but still saucy, 15-20 minutes. Off the heat, stir in the peas and corn and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice open each baked potato and add a pat of butter to each potato. Top with 1/6 of the shepherd’s pie mixture and serve.
19 Notes/ Hide
- hirokareo likes this
- thatsworthatry reblogged this from foodphilia
- hopeless-filthy-worthless-guilty reblogged this from foodphilia
- mothstradamus reblogged this from foodphilia and added:
- eatslikeabirdsexlikeabunny reblogged this from foodphilia
- darthempress likes this
- thegirlwhomight likes this
- berrycrepes likes this
- vulgarvulva likes this
- neurolobe likes this
- queenmorinth reblogged this from beahbeah
- beahbeah reblogged this from foodphilia
- galenalarkin reblogged this from foodphilia
- galenalarkin likes this
- jjrod79 reblogged this from foodphilia
- foodphilia posted this